Posted: Monday 11th April 2022
Meet Catrin, a social worker who loves to see the journey people go on and watch their confidence build.
Job title: Social Worker
- How long have you been in your role?
I have been in the Fostering Team since November 2021
- Why did you chose a career in social services?
I wanted a career where I was able to make a positive impact. I love working with people and being able to listen and maybe make a small difference.
- What’s the biggest challenge you have faced in your role?
Coming from my previous role in the NHS everything was paper based, so definitely the transferring to electronic working!
- What’s the most rewarding thing about your job?
I love seeing the journey people go on and seeing their confidence build.
- Who’s been your role model and why?
I look up to many people in my personal and professional life. For those in the public eye, I remember reading an article about the actor Keanu Reeves and admire his attitude to his fame. He often defers much of his wage to other actors, stunt people, and others working on set with him. He supports a range of charitable causes and has so much passion for everything he does. He appears to do good without being in the forefront of the celebrity culture.
- And finally, if you could go anywhere on holiday tomorrow where would you go and why?
Without hesitation it would be Disneyland. I am a huge fan of all Disney films, they are just so magical and I could (and do) watch the films over and over again.