Posted: Monday 23rd May 2022
Meet Ann-Marie, a children services assistant who loves to ensure the fostering journey runs smoothly for foster carers and the children they care for.
Name: Anne-Marie Maguire
Job title: Children’s Services Assistant
- How long have you been in your role?
I started my role in Sept 2021
- Why did you chose a career in social services?
I moved into social services after 20 years in the education sector, I figured that if I didn’t jump and try something new now then I never would. This role came up and it was just what I was looking for.
- What’s the biggest challenge you have faced in your role?
Getting to know new systems, people are great but technology hurts my head.
- What’s the most rewarding thing about your job?
Seeing the direct impact that our support provides on a daily basis. Resolving issues to make the fostering journey as smooth as it can be for our carers and in turn the children that they care for.
- Who’s been your role model and why?
As cliché as it sounds, my role models are my three children, they inspire me every day to be better and work hard to achieve.
- And finally, if you could go anywhere on holiday tomorrow where would you go and why?
I would go to Rome. I’d do this for my mum who never got the chance.